Investing in real estate is a great way to build wealth over time, here is how you can get started today!
Rick Guerrero shares his own investing journey, what he learned along the way and what advice he’d give to new real estate investors.
From bringing in a steady cash flow to securing tax benefits, investing in real estate can have a slew of benefits. Not to mention, it’s also a great way to build wealth over time. But how can newbies get started in the business? What are some first steps to take?
This week, Micah Curtis, regional director at Home Loans Assist, sat down with Rick Guerrero, director of branch sales and strategic partnerships with US Mortgage Corp to talk about real estate investing basics.
Guerrero, who cut his teeth in the business close to three years ago, now owns four properties. Tune in as he shares how he got his start, what he learned along the way and what advice he would give to new investors.
Here are a few key tips:
- Get with a Realtor who really understands this market segment and this business.
- However, even some of the best Realtors can make a few small critical mistakes. The best way for you to know how to do it is to just buy some and experience it.
- “What I do is, I try to buy properties where I can achieve the 1 percent rule,” he said. “What does that mean? That means if I buy a property for $150,000, I’m going to make $1,500 a month in rent.”
- When searching for good rental property, a few important factors to look for are: being in a good school district, being in an area where there’s active business, being near a freeway or close to easy transportation.
- Leverage real estate investor networks in your local area. Have mentors you can reach out to for advice and help.
Suppression is whenever you download a list and you take away any of the duplicates that you probably previously uploaded. So should you suppress your phone numbers? And the answer is absolutely no. What is suppression? Suppression is whenever you download a list and you take away any of the duplicates that you probably previously […]
Make Plenty of Passive Income Love Passive Income? – Buy this pair of REITs and watch the dividends roll in. Real estate investing has long been a proven path to prosperity, but it also can involve a lot of upfront investment and then time and/or money spent on managing those assets. Then there’s passive income, […]
Property Data Benefits and Walkthrough: Property Data Benefits and Walkthrough – So one of the things we do extremely well in our investment business is generate a ton of leads. We generate about 50 leads a week of qualified leads. That means people, that two tiers. One, either they’re in mass of amount of pain […]