Investing in real estate is a great way to build wealth over time, here is how you can get started today!
Rick Guerrero shares his own investing journey, what he learned along the way and what advice he’d give to new real estate investors.
From bringing in a steady cash flow to securing tax benefits, investing in real estate can have a slew of benefits. Not to mention, it’s also a great way to build wealth over time. But how can newbies get started in the business? What are some first steps to take?
This week, Micah Curtis, regional director at Home Loans Assist, sat down with Rick Guerrero, director of branch sales and strategic partnerships with US Mortgage Corp to talk about real estate investing basics.
Guerrero, who cut his teeth in the business close to three years ago, now owns four properties. Tune in as he shares how he got his start, what he learned along the way and what advice he would give to new investors.
Here are a few key tips:
- Get with a Realtor who really understands this market segment and this business.
- However, even some of the best Realtors can make a few small critical mistakes. The best way for you to know how to do it is to just buy some and experience it.
- “What I do is, I try to buy properties where I can achieve the 1 percent rule,” he said. “What does that mean? That means if I buy a property for $150,000, I’m going to make $1,500 a month in rent.”
- When searching for good rental property, a few important factors to look for are: being in a good school district, being in an area where there’s active business, being near a freeway or close to easy transportation.
- Leverage real estate investor networks in your local area. Have mentors you can reach out to for advice and help.
In the fast-paced world of real estate, staying ahead of the competition requires effective lead generation strategies. Cold calling is a tried-and-true method for reaching potential clients, but it’s not enough to simply pick up the phone and start dialing numbers. To maximize your success, you need well-crafted cold calling scripts that engage prospects and […]
In an era where climate change is a pressing global concern, the concept of sustainable living has gained immense traction. People are increasingly looking for ways to reduce their carbon footprint and adopt eco-friendly practices in their everyday lives. One significant way individuals are contributing to this movement is by embracing eco-friendly homes. These sustainable […]
The world of luxury real estate is a world unto itself, where opulence meets exclusivity, and where properties are not just homes but statements of prestige and wealth. In the United States, the luxury real estate market has always been a bellwether for economic prosperity and a playground for the rich and famous. From sprawling […]