Larry Higgins is a real estate investor based out of Houston, TX. After graduating from Texas A&M University in 2003 he began his career in construction project management which he thoroughly enjoyed until 2013 when for the first time in his life, he found himself in a job from which he got no sense of satisfaction and decided he needed to make a change. That’s when he decided it was time to quit and jump into real estate full time although he had zero experience in it and had never even done a deal.
Fortunately, during this transition, Larry stumbled across Mitch Stephen, whose mentorship helped him hit the ground running.
Like so many other investors have experienced before he knew it, Larry had a huge stack of returned mail from his mail campaigns and he knew he needed to do something with it. After getting in touch with several skip trace services he realized how expensive it can be to skip trace so he decided to learn how to become his own skip tracer. Two deals later and he fully realized how crucial it is to be able to skip trace returned mail.
But it wasn’t just the returned mail that got Larry’s attention. As he worked his business he couldn’t help but notice that some letters weren’t returned for weeks, months, or even years (yes years) after they were initially mailed.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How skip tracing compares to mail
- How your cost-per-buy is dramatically lower with skip tracing
- Why you should not be using lower-tiered skip tracing services
- One issue with skip tracing that a lot of people complain about
- Why you shouldn’t hesitate to contact relatives if you if you have good leads, especially with vacant properties
- Why every deal you do should involve skip tracing
- Why you should focus on being more targeted whether you’re mailing or calling
- How to get a tighter ratio of leads to deals
- The best way to get your footing when you’re just starting out
💥Real Estate Strategy 2 Years Into The Pandemic💥 Real Estate Strategy 2 Years Into The Pandemic – COVID-19 has changed the world as we know it. Everything from where we live and work to how we value and spend our time and interact with each other has dramatically shifted in the face of the challenges […]
Simple App Makes Real Estate Investing Less Confusing Simple App Makes Real Estate Investing Less Confusing – Many seem to be under the belief that real estate investing is only a game rich people play. It takes a lot of money to buy a single piece of property, after all. It’s also a relatively slow […]
Invest in Real Estate Without Owning a Single Property Invest in Real Estate Without Owning a Single Property – This REIT nears a quarter century of market-beating returns, and that could be just the start. Real estate has long been a great way for investors to build wealth. That wealth can come both from the […]